Purple Clay -Brazil
Brazilian Clays are said to have the highest mineral content in the world. This is thanks to the rich environment that they come from. Brazilian Purple Clay is rich in magnesium, copper, zinc and selenium.
Use as a mask or body wrap to remineralise the skin, control oil or as a gentle exfoliant. Brazilian purple clay also makes a great natural colourant for cosmetics and it is suitable for use in cold or hot procerss soap making.
Clay stimulates circulation, aids toxin elimination, rejuvenates the skin and cleans the pores by drawing out impurities. Applications once or twice a week will make the skin feel smooth, clean and will look vibrant.
How to make a facial mask: Clay mixed with only purified water gives wonderful results. You can also enhance clay’s beneficial effects by adding 1 or 2 drops or essential oil, 4-5 drops of Wheatgerm, Jojoba or our Sweet Almond oil. Natural substances can also be added to the mix such as egg yolk or honey to the basic clay preparation.
-A small bowl made from wood, porcelain, glass or pottery
- A Wooden spoon or spatula
- 1 level tablespoon of our superfine French clay
- 1-2 table spoons of purified water or floral water (Rose, lavender or Chamomile)
- A facial cloth
- Scoop clay into a bowl. Slowly add the water and mix with the wooden spoon until a light, smooth and creamy paste is obtained. Note: the paste should be firm enough (but not thick) to be applied to the face with your fingers or a small wood spatula
- Let the preparation rest for 5 minutes
- Apply the clay paste to the skin in a thin layer (approximately 5mm), leaving the eyes and lips uncovered.
- Leave the mask on for 10 – 20 min or until the clay has started drying.
- Wipe the clay off with the face cloth soaked with
- lukewarm water.
- Complete the treatment with one of our natural oils or Handmade Naturals Rosehip and Jojoba Face Cream