Our Superfine French Blue Clay is rich in minerals and trace elements.
Blue clay tightens and purifies pores and improves circulation by stimulating blood flow.
Useful as a poultice or as a bath soak to help with arthritis, sore muscles, sprains, bruises, minor burns, insect bites and stress relief.
Can also be used as a natural colourant for skin care and soap.
Note: Colour is a Blue/ Green.
How to make a facial mask: Clay mixed with only purified water gives wonderful results. You can also enhance clay’s beneficial effects by adding 1 or 2 drops or essential oil, 4-5 drops of Wheatgerm, Jojoba or our Sweet Almond oil. Natural substances can also be added to the mix such as egg yolk or honey to the basic clay preparation.
-A small bowl made from wood, porcelain, glass or pottery
- A Wooden spoon or spatula
- 1 level tablespoon of our superfine French clay
- 1-2 table spoons of purified water or floral water (Rose, lavender or Chamomile)
- A facial cloth
- Scoop clay into a bowl. Slowly add the water and mix with the wooden spoon until a light, smooth and creamy paste is obtained. Note: the paste should be firm enough (but not thick) to be applied to the face with your fingers or a small wood spatula
- Let the preparation rest for 5 minutes
- Apply the clay paste to the skin in a thin layer (approximately 5mm), leaving the eyes and lips uncovered.
- Leave the mask on for 10 – 20 min or until the clay has started drying.
- Wipe the clay off with the face cloth soaked with lukewarm water.
- Complete the treatment with one of our natural oils or Handmade Naturals Rosehip and Jojoba Face Cream
How To Make a Poultice:
Mix into a thick paste with purified water and apply to a piece of gauze. Apply the gause with the clay side down to the effected area and hold in place with tape. Leave for up to 2 hours. Discard poultice after use.